Hello!!

Hello there welcome to my blog!

This blog is for all my Film Studies work, but I'll also be including a few film reviews, facts and a couple of my personal favourite films. To start with the basics: my favourite film is Scream. As anybody who reads my blog is soon to learn, I love horror. 

Scream is an absolute classic slasher movie, perhaps even the most iconic one of all time. In this day and age you might think the plot is pretty basic however it completely re-invented the slasher/horror genre when it came out in 1996. 
Nowadays it is loved for its sheer entertainment, the characters are often hilarious and many of the scenes are pretty goofy; but the suspenseful murder scenes still never fail to make people scream.
This scene I have included is one of my favourites as it is just so iconic. This idea for an opening scene has been used so many times after Scream as it introduces the movie on such an intense and gory way. I personally love this scene as dispite the amount of times I've watched this film it has never failed to draw my full attention in and drive me to the edge of my seat.

So thats a brief introduction to my favourite film and my blog, I hope you enjoyed! in the next blog I'll be going into something a little more in-depth; Todorov's Theory of Narrative and how it applies to any film.

Comments

Popular Posts